Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Mainsail Test


Well i managed to get one of my little projects on the water today. Its a new sail from Andrew Landenberger, "Square top" in profile and on a new mast section with a bolt rope. Masts are now so small i thought it would be interesting to try the bolt rope sail and compare. I did not over rotate it today, but its on the cards.

The mast is significantly stiffer fore and aft and have applied a bit of our 18 footer technology to this development. The sail is light, with a total weight of 2.4kgs ready to sail, have not weighed my pocket luff yet, but rumours have it they are over 4kgs, I will weight it next week and report the facts.

I thought that the overall weight would be less, will report next time. I will get it out on the water a few more times and report on the results, very happy with the first outing though.

2 comments:

n4rkla said...

Any new info on the bolt rope main?

MARKLA said...

needs wing mast too